Contents

Page66

Update item information
Title UPA A Century Later
Subject Newspapers; Newspaper publishing; Journalism
Creator Utah Press Association
Publisher Utah Press Association
Contributors Cornwell, J. M.
Date 1996
Type Text
Format application/pdf
Identifier PN4844.U8 U8 1996
Source Original Book: UPN A Century Later
Language eng
Rights Management Digital image copyright 2005, University of Utah. All rights reserved.
Holding Institution University of Utah
Source Physical Dimensions 14 cm x 21.5 cm
Metadata Cataloger Kelly Taylor
ARK ark:/87278/s6319w0z
Setname uu_upa
Date Created 2005-05-10
Date Modified 2005-05-10
ID 416710
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6319w0z

Page Metadata

Title Page66
Description UTAH PRESS ASSOCIATION ally acquired a controlling interest in Inland through stock purchases. The Eppersons bought the Morgan County News in 1946, but continued to publish the Reflex until November 1, 1950, when it was sold to Lloyd E. Anderson. A former advertising representative for the Ogden Standard-Examiner, Anderson turned editorial duties over to Lona Udy Parrish, a sister of Virginia Epperson and a longtime member of the staff. She was succeeded by Mary B. Bowring, who would be the editor until 1963. Her column, "Mary's Meanderings," was a well-read feature. Anderson operated Inland until January 7, 1965, when John Stahle, Jr. of the Davis County Clipper became the owner. The Reflex had served northern Davis County throughout its life, but when, in April, 1990, it became part of the newspaper group published by R. Gail Stahle, a son of John, it was renamed Kaysville Today. Its circulation emphasis changed to focus on Kaysville, Fruit Heights and South Layton, eliminating other portions of the county, and currently the masthead is simply Today. HUNTSVILLE Though an early Utah community, Huntsville has had only one newspaper in its more than a century of existence. However for a half-dozen years beginning October 23, 1885, it had a monthly magazine with a mixture of Danish and English language text. It was called the Utah Danske Ameri-kaner and was edited by Carl C. Ericksen. Almost a century after its demise, in 1989, co-publishers Ken G. and Marie Adams of the Morgan County News launched the Pineview Review in Huntsville. A sparse advertising base proved more of a hurdle than the Review could handle, however, and after two years the paper ceased publication. MAMMOTH In this Juab County settlement which enjoyed a longer life 66
Format application/pdf
Identifier 078-UPA_Page66.jpg
Source Original Book: UPA A Century Later
Setname uu_upa
Date Created 2005-05-10
Date Modified 2005-05-10
ID 416077
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6319w0z/416077