Contents

The Plamor Dance Hall in Ephriam

Download item | Update item information
Title Saga of the Sanpitch Vol 18
Subject Pioneers
Description Stories and poems about early Southern Utah Pioneers
Publisher Snow College
Date 1986
Type Text
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights Management Snow College
Holding Institution Snow College
ARK ark:/87278/s6n014pd
Setname snowc_sts
Date Created 2005-03-01
Date Modified 2005-03-01
ID 325758
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6n014pd

Page Metadata

Title The Plamor Dance Hall in Ephriam
Description And then came the hour when that familiar music began to play. You would find your date and dance the last dance of the night to the tune of "Goodnight, Sweetheart„" Source: Personal recollections of Erma Sn Nielson as told to the author. a * a the plamor dance hall in ephraim Ethel Thompson Lewis • 3272 Gramercy Avenue Ogden, UT 84403 Honorable Mention Personal Recollection Because of the interest in dancing felt by four fellows-Anthony Hansen, Sheldon Nielson, Ned Armstrong, and Spencer Douglas--an open air dance hall was built in Ephraim in the spring of 1933, It was located on Second South and one-half block west of Main Street on the south side of the street. The weather was getting too warm to continue the dances being held at the beautiful Dreamland Hall. Hereby the plans for an open air dance hall were conceived. These energetic young fellows wanted to have good, long-lasting concrete for the dance floor. So they did research work to find which material would be best for their use. The sand they got was hauled in from the river bottoms in Chester. The gravel was crushed blue granite boulders taken from the creek bed east of Ephraim. They ordered a car load of cement which cost 90 cents a bag. The floor was poured in 15-foot squares. There was a prize given for the one who could come up with the best name for the hall. Robert Thompson won, giving the hall the name of "Plamor." He was given $10 for his prize. Ten dollars was quite a bit in those days. The "Plamor" received its name on Friday, June 9, 1933.
Format image/jpeg
Identifier 066_The Plamor Dance Hall in Ephriam.jpg
Source Saga of the Sanpitch Vol 18
Setname snowc_sts
Date Created 2005-02-19
Date Modified 2005-02-19
ID 325740
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6n014pd/325740