||The following February, Mt. Pleasant ZCHI began business in a small room of a local building 1ater known as Anderson' s Blacksmith Shop. As William S. Seely was one of the first subscribers, it is easy to speculate that many organizational meetings were held at his home. On 28 Hay 1874, when several versions of throughout Utah Territory by Brigham Young, the and Orson Hyde, resident Apostle in Sanpete County for many years. Seely was designated President, Rasmus Mickelson as Secretary and a board of twelve Directors was appointed. Many local residents joined the order and put al 1 they had into it; other joined, depositing only part of their holdings; some never joined. Order" cattle to be branded were corralled on the Seely lot. Hay and grain were stacked in two corrals, one of which was known as " Bishop' s Field. " Sanpete Stake was organized on 4 July x 8 7 v, Seely, having served faithfully as Bishop for the entire community from its inception, was position he retained until 18 90, when the two wards were again united. C. N. Lund was sustained as Bishop of the North Ward.12 It is not inconceivable that church leaders again stayed with the Seelys. Presumably the most famous event involving treaty following the Black Hawk War. A confrontation in 1864 between whites and Indians had resulted in open hostilities. Contentions and bloodshed continued through the years until, in 1872, negotiations culminated 12Bishop Lund was sustained as Bishop of the reunited wards in 18 90.