A Building Reminisces

Update item information
Title Saga of the Sanpitch Vol 20
Subject Pioneers
Description Stories and poems about early Southern Utah Pioneers
Publisher Snow College
Date 1988
Type Text
Format application/pdf
Language eng
Rights Management Snow College
Holding Institution Snow College
ARK ark:/87278/s68p5xng
Setname snowc_sts
Date Created 2005-03-01
Date Modified 2005-03-01
ID 325053
Reference URL

Page Metadata

Title A Building Reminisces
Description place June 17, 1942. Much of the material was retrieved from the old school house. The brick was scraped to remove the old mortar and the foundation stone and most of the lumber were reused. Even the old square nails were straightened for reuse. Host of the labor was donated by local church members. The building forward. It featured folding doors which would floor was of solid maple and a better dance floor was hard to find. The folding doors, when closed, created three small classrooms at the north end. A stage equipped the center of the south end with very small rooms on either side. In those days "outdoor plumbing" was the way of life in rural Sanpete, that respect. Chapel was held Mother' s Day, May, 1943, and the chapel was dedicated Feb. 12, 1944, by Elder Albert E. Bowen. 5 Loyal Graham was bishop during this historic time. Other bishops who had served in the Milburn Ward since its organization in 19 80 were James W. Stewart, 16 90 - 1918; Byron A. Vance, 1918 - 1924; George E. Stewart, 1924-19 34; and Otis L. Stewart, 1934 - 1936, when Bishop Graham was appointed. Graham served until 1946; Wilford Wheeler, 1946 - 1959; Lyman ward was established, 1861 - 1890. Jensen also 4These Our Fathers. 194 7, p. 120. bIbid SThese Our Fathers, 1947, p. 121 and Q
Format application/pdf
Identifier 023_A Building Reminisces.jpg
Source Saga of the Sanpitch Vol 20
Setname snowc_sts
Date Created 2005-02-19
Date Modified 2005-02-19
ID 324921
Reference URL