Archaeological Potential of the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument

Update Item Information
Publication Type poster
School or College College of Social & Behavioral Science
Department Anthropology
Research Institute The University of Utah Archaeological Center
Creator Yaworsky, Peter M.
Other Author Vernon, Kenneth Blake; Codding, Brian F.
Title Archaeological Potential of the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument
Date 2018
Description Executive proclamation 9682 reduces the size of the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument (GSENM), removing protections for at least 2,000 known archaeological sites and an unknown number of undiscovered cultural properties. Because only 10% of the GSENM's 1.9 million acres has been inventoried by archaeologists, fully evaluating the potential consequences of these boundary reductions in the remaining 90%, or 1.71 million acres, requires the use of predictive modeling. Here we report the major findings of a comprehensive predictive modeling program undertaken by the University of Utah Archaeological Center. Methodological and analytical details are available from the authors or in a report issued to the Bureau of Land Management.
Type Text
Publisher University of Utah
Subject Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument; Anthropology-Research
Language eng
Rights Management (c) Peter M. Yaworsky, Kenneth Blake Vernon, Brian F. Codding
Format Medium application/pdf
ARK ark:/87278/s6jt3t18
Setname ir_uspace
ID 1321122
Reference URL