Manila Ward, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Pleasant Grove [1]

Update item information
Title Manila Ward, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Pleasant Grove [1]
Alternative Title Manila LDS Ward, Pleasant Grove
Creator Eldredge, Scott J. (Scott Jamison), 1958-
Date 2020-03-11
Spatial Coverage Pleasant Grove, Utah County, Utah, United States
Subject Mormon church buildings--Utah--Pleasant Grove--Photographs; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Buildings--Utah--Pleasant Grove--Photographs
Keywords LDS Church; Wardhouse; Wedding chapels; Reception halls
Description Address: 886 West 2600 North, Pleasant Grove, UT. Construction of the Manila Church began in 1891, and the first meetings were held in November of 1896. Additions in the 1930s led to a re-dedication in 1937. Further expansions followed in 1959-1964. The ward built a new building that replaced the historic structure in 2007. In 2010, the historic chapel was sold to a couple who remodeled and restored it. It is now the Stone Gate Reception Center.
Collection Number and Name Utah Religious Architecture Project
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Relation Article from the Provo Herald: https://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/pleasant-grove-bids-farewell-to-historic-manila-church/article_48253790-a0e1-5b57-9f82-e231a8941479.html
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6zp9j95
Setname uum_urap
Date Created 2020-05-11
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1550066
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6zp9j95