B'Nai Israel Temple

Update item information
Title B'Nai Israel Temple
Collection Mss C 239; Peoples of Utah Photograph Collection
Identifier 39222001595961.tif
Photo Number P. 1, Box 9
Publisher Digitized by J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah
Subject B'Nai Israel Temple; Jews--Utah; Ethnic groups--Utah
Other Subject Synagogues
Spatial Coverage Salt Lake City (Utah)
Description B'Nai Israel Temple, 249 South Fourth East, was erected, dedicated, and consecrated in 1891. The Auerbach family, member of B'Nai Israel Congregation, brought a nephew, Philip Meyer, architect, from Germany to draw plans for the new synagogue. The temple of Byzantine architecture is a replica of the famous Jewish temple in Berlin. Gift of Utah State Dept. of Development Services.
Comment Used in Utah Historical Quarterly, Fall, 1967; Used in "The Peoples of Utah"(1976)
Rights Management Digital Image (c) 2008 Utah State Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Holding Institution Utah State Historical Society
Relation Peoples of Utah Photograph Collection, 1975-1977
Source Format Print Photograph
Source Size 7.7 inches x 8.9 inches
Source Donors McCrea, Robert; Utah State Department of Development Services
Collection Compiler Helen Papanikolas was the collector and donor of the entire Peoples of Utah Photograph Collection, as well as the editor of a book with the same title.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Format Creation Original scanned on Epson Expression 10000 XL and saved as 400 ppi TIFF. Display image generated in CONTENTdm as JP2000 pixels on the long axis. Archival resolution: 3004 x 3487
Scanned By Louise Radcliffe
Collection Information http://history.utah.gov/FindAids/C00239/C0239.XML
ARK ark:/87278/s6df6q2k
Setname dha_pu
Date Created 2008-09-05
Date Modified 2008-10-09
ID 508778
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6df6q2k
Back to Search Results