Anderson Lumber Co. interior, 1931

Update item information
Photo Number PH2289
Identifier 33012002582506
Title Anderson Lumber Co. interior, 1931
Subject Murray City Utah Businesses
Description Irene and Edward Hobbs in the office at the Anderson Lumber Company, May 1931. The lumber yard, located at 4975 South State Street, was originally built by Associated Lumber in 1926, then bought by Home Lumber Co. in 1927, and by Anderson Lumber Co. in 1928, which owned it for nearly 30 years. Ed was hired by Associated Lumber to manage the yard when it opened, and he held that job through both sales of the yard and until his retirement in 1957, when Anderson Lumber closed the yard. His wife Irene did the bookkeeping and managed the office. Courtesy of Merle Cooper.
Contributor Merle Cooper
Date 1931
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Source Murray Utah Parks and Recreation
Language eng
Rights Management Digital image copyright 2003, Murray City Corporation. All rights reserved.
Website http://www.murray.utah.gov/290/Museum
Source Physical Dimensions 11x15 cm
Source Characteristics Black & White Photograph
Archival Resolution TIFF:400 ppi
Low Resolution JPEG
Bit Depth 8-bit grayscale /24-bit color
Call Number PH2289
ARK ark:/87278/s6x06954
Setname mc_mcm
Date Created 2002-12-17
Date Modified 2019-12-02
ID 229950
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6x06954
Back to Search Results