First Baptist Church of Murray [3]

Update item information
Title First Baptist Church of Murray [3]
Alternative Title Murray Baptist Church (old building)
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2020-06-06
Spatial Coverage Murray, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
Subject Baptist church buildings--Utah--Murray--Photographs
Description Address: 4860 Poplar Street, Murray, UT. The First Baptist Church of Murray was originally at 62 East 4800 South, both the original building that was destroyed by fire in 1924, and its replacement. After the congregation moved to new quarters on 5770 South, the City of Murray purchased the old building and it became a meeting place. By 1987, it was facing demolition, but Bill and Susan Wright purchased it and moved it from its original foundation to a site several hundred yards to the northeast, at the southwest corner of Poplar Street and Fifth Avenue. They remodeled it for use as a private wedding chapel and reception center until about 2017, when the city repurchased the building.
Collection Number and Name Utah Religious Architecture Photograph Collection
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6p03t2p
Setname uum_urap
Date Created 2020-06-25
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1579109
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6p03t2p
Back to Search Results