Saint John Bosco Catholic Mission

Update item information
Title Saint John Bosco Catholic Mission
Alternative Title Saint John Bosco Roman Catholic Church
Creator Allan, Hallie
Date 2020-05-15
Spatial Coverage Delta, Millard County, Utah, United States
Subject Catholic church buildings--Utah--Delta--Photographs
Description Address: 96 South Center Street, Delta, UT. A mission church of the Parish of Saint Vincent de Paul, it shares its priest with Saint Bridget Mission in Milford and Holy Family Mission in Fillmore. The congregation was originally organized in 1939 and services were held in a clubhouse in Sugarville, 12 miles north of Delta. The building was moved to Delta in 1947 and was was renovated in 1971 and consecrated by Utah Bishop Joseph Lennox Federal. Growth led to construction of a new building on the same site in 1984-85, while the old building was moved to a nearby property and returned to being used as a clubhouse. (Mooney, 3rd ed., p. 76) The pews were salvaged from the former LDS Stake House when it was torn down.
Collection Number and Name Utah Religious Architecture Photograph Collection
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6bs49xw
Setname uum_urap
Date Created 2020-06-16
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1574959
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6bs49xw
Back to Search Results