Improving Pneumococcal Polysaccharide 23-valent (Pneumovax) Vaccination Rates for Adults Age 18-64 with Asthma: CQI

Download item | Update item information
Identifier EBP2016_poster_PIPPITT
Title Improving Pneumococcal Polysaccharide 23-valent (Pneumovax) Vaccination Rates for Adults Age 18-64 with Asthma: CQI
Creator Karly Ann Pippitt, MD, FAAFP; Alex Fox, MD;Vanessa M. Galli, MD; Bryan Hendrickson, MD
Description Our two University-based continuity clinics have excellent age based vaccination rates (nearly 90%), however disease based vaccination rates for younger individuals are not at similar levels. Prior CQI projects in our clinics have looked at disease based vaccination rates, and identified asthma as the disease process with the lowest vaccination rates. Our project chose to focus on people with asthma from the age of 18-64. Per CDC-ACIP guidelines, these individuals should receive one dose of pneumococcal 23 valent vaccine. At the time of our investigation, our clinic vaccination rate was 28%. Our aim was to increase the rate of vaccination for these patients by 20%, to a total of 48%.
Subject Pneumovax; Vaccinations; Asthma
Publisher Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah
Date 2016
Date Digital 2016
Language eng
ARK ark:/87278/s6895jcj
Relation is Part of Evidence-Based Medicine 2016
Format application/pdf
Setname ehsl_ebp
Date Created 2019-02-05
Date Modified 2019-07-09
ID 1399603
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6895jcj
Back to Search Results