Thabor Danish Lutheran Church [2]

Request archival file or update item information
Title Thabor Danish Lutheran Church [2]
Alternative Title Tabor Lutheran Church; Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church; Central Baptist Church
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2018-05-25
Spatial Coverage 40.770758, -111.8778
Subject Lutheran church buildings--Utah--Salt Lake City--Photographs
Description Address: 61 E Street, Salt Lake City (Alternately: 369 East 1st Avenue). The congregation, chartered in 1907, laid the cornerstone in 1908, and the building was completed 20 August 1911. Services were in Danish at first, and its membership book was kept in Danish until 1937. They moved in 1963 to their present home, Mount Tabor Lutheran on 7th East. The building was home to Central Baptist Church (organized in 1964) until dwindling numbers caused that group to move to smaller quarters. They sold the building in 1987, and it became the private office of a software engineer.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Relation History: https://utahlutheranhistory.wordpress.com/mount-tabor-lutheran-church-elca/ ; Link to historical photo held by the Marriott Library: https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=965115 ; For interior photos from 2020, see the Utah Religious Architecture Collection: https://lib.utah.edu/services/digital-library/utah_religious_architecture.php
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6032zs6
Setname uum_slcrap
Date Created 2018-09-11
Date Modified 2020-06-15
ID 1368310
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6032zs6
Back to Search Results