Congregation Shaary Zedek Synagogue [3]

Request archival file or update item information
Title Congregation Shaary Zedek Synagogue [3]
Alternative Title Congregation Sharey Tzedek Synagogue
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2018-06-06
Spatial Coverage 40.75109, -111.885
Subject Synagogues--Buildings--Salt Lake City--Photographs
Description Address: 833 South 200 East, Salt Lake City. In 1916, a group of mainly Yiddish-speaking immigrants from Eastern Europe and Russia separated from Congregation Montefiore to form Salt Lake's third Jewish congregation. They erected a building that was dedicated on 28 March 1920. But the congregation disbanded in the 1930s, and the building was sold in 1948 to the Veterans of Foreign Wars. In 2018 it houses Dixon and Associates, an architectural firm.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Relation History: ; Link to the building's 1985 National Register of Historic Places form:
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6m08cpn
Setname uum_slcrap
Date Created 2018-09-11
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1368282
Reference URL
Back to Search Results