Salt Lake Tenth Ward, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [4]

Request archival file or update item information
Title Salt Lake Tenth Ward, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [4]
Alternative Title LDS 10th Ward [4]
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2018-05-19
Spatial Coverage 40.760211, -111.868583
Subject Mormon church buildings--Utah--Salt Lake City--Photographs; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Buildings--Utah--Salt Lake City--Photographs
Description Address: 420 So. 800 East, Salt Lake City. In 1873, the original building was replaced by the present adobe structure, which is the oldest extant building in the city that was used as a house of worship. It now serves as a classroom or activity hall. The adjacent structure to the right/north (built in 1887) replaced it in terms of function in 1893, and in 1909 the present Gothic Revival chapel was built. Today it houses both the Tenth and Fourth wards.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Relation See also: http://ldspioneerarchitecture.blogspot.com/search/label/Salt%20Lake%2010th%20Ward ; Link to historical photo of 1909 chapel, held by the Marriott Library: https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=965002; History: https://ldsarchitecture.wordpress.com/category/meetinghouses/united-states/utah/salt-lake-valley/salt-lake-10th-ward/
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6qk1qhp
Setname uum_slcrap
Date Created 2018-09-11
Date Modified 2018-09-11
ID 1368134
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6qk1qhp
Back to Search Results