Granite Ward Meetinghouse [Historic], Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [07]

Update item information
Title Granite Ward Meetinghouse [Historic], Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [07]
Alternative Title Granite Ward LDS meetinghouse [Old]
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2020-10-22
Spatial Coverage Granite, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
Subject Mormon church buildings--Utah--Granite--Photographs; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Buildings--Utah--Granite--Photographs
Description Address: 9800 South 3100 East, Sandy, UT. The Granite Ward dates from 1877. This Romanesque Revival wardhouse was constructed in 1903 to 1905, replacing a one-room structure built in the 1880s. It was used until the mid-1960s. It was sold in 1968 to sculptor Avard Fairbanks, who used it as a studio. Currently in private hands, it has been host to a haunted house during Halloween season..
Collection Number and Name Utah Religious Architecture Photographs
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
Relation National Register of Historic Places application: https://npgallery.nps.gov/NRHP/GetAsset/NRHP/05000364_text
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6nh0fkk
Setname uum_urap
Date Created 2020-11-04
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1604219
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6nh0fkk