Saint Pius X Catholic Church [07]

Update item information
Title Saint Pius X Catholic Church [07]
Creator Noe, Michael
Date 2020-08-13
Spatial Coverage Moab, Grand County, Utah, United States
Subject Catholic church buildings--Utah--Moab--Photographs
Keywords Roman Catholic churches
Description Address: 122 West 400 North, Moab, UT. Priests from Price came to Moab to serve Mass to Catholic residents in the early 20th cetnuries. In 1937, when Father John Sanders became Pastor of St. Joseph Church in Monticello in 1937, he was in charge of serving Moab. He was later assigned as Pastor of Good Shepherd Church in East Carbon and traveled to Moab and Monticello monthly for Mass. St. Pius X Parish had its beginnings during Father Sanders's visits to the area. Following the arrival of new Catholic families to the area in the early 1950's, the new parish was created in 1954. In May of 1955, they broke ground for the construction of the church building, and the dedication by Bishop Duane Hunt took place on November 27, 1955.
Collection Number and Name Utah Religious Architecture Photograph Collection
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Rights Holder Noe, Michael
Relation Website: http://www.stpiusxmoab.org/history/
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6b04v3t
Setname uum_urap
Date Created 2020-08-24
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1590280
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6b04v3t