Christ Lutheran Church, Murray [02]

Update item information
Title Christ Lutheran Church, Murray [02]
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2020-06-06
Spatial Coverage Murray, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
Subject Lutheran church buildings--Utah--Murray--Photographs
Description Address: 240 E. 5600 South, Murray, UT. This congregation, affiliated with the Missouri Synod, had its beginnings around 1931, and its first home was the old Murray Methodist church (now the Friends Meeting House). For a few years it met at an LDS seminary and at the Murray City Fire Hall, but after officially organizing as Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1941, it moved back to the Methodist church, purchasing it in October 1942. In 1953, the church purchased a 3-acre parcel on 56th South Street and built a school, and the present church building was built on adjacent property in 1965. Expansions of both church and school buildings came in 1982. The school closed in 2017, but now houses the Mount Vernon Academy (which previously occupied the now-demolished Murray First LDS Ward meetinghouse on Vine Street).
Collection Number and Name Utah Religious Architecture Photograph Collection
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Relation Church website: https://www.christlutheranmurray.com/our-history.html
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s67x1w78
Setname uum_urap
Date Created 2020-06-11
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1571557
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s67x1w78
Back to Search Results