American Fork Second Ward Meetinghouse, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [3]

Update item information
Title American Fork Second Ward Meetinghouse, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [3]
Alternative Title LDS American Fork Second Ward Meetinghouse
Creator Myntti, Elizabeth
Date 2020-02-17
Temporal Coverage Feb. 17, 2020
Spatial Coverage American Fork, Utah County, Utah, United States
Subject Mormon church buildings--Utah--American Fork--Photographs; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Buildings--Utah--American Fork--Photographs
Keywords LDS Church; Wardhouse
Description Address: 130 West 100 South, American Fork, UT. The American Fork Second Ward Meetinghouse is an eclectic Gothic Revival building on South Street in American Fork, Utah. Built in 1903-1904, it served as a Mormon meetinghouse until 1982. It is believed that the building was designed by James H. Pulley, a local carpenter and builder. A large addition built in 1929 was designed by architects Young and Hansen of Salt Lake City. In 1984, the building was sold to Michael Bigelow. It became the home of Bigelow & Co. Organ Builders. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
Relation Architecture: https://ldsarchitecture.wordpress.com/category/meetinghouses/united-states/utah/utah-valley/american-fork-2nd-ward/ . Registration form for the National Register of Historic Places : https://npgallery.nps.gov/NRHP/GetAsset/NRHP/92000101_text:
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6v45xb6
Setname uum_urap
Date Created 2020-02-20
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1527182
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6v45xb6
Back to Search Results