White Memorial Chapel [3]

Request archival file or update item information
Title White Memorial Chapel [3]
Alternative Title LDS 18th Ward
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2018-05-25
Spatial Coverage Lat/long: 40.775567, -111.886847
Subject Chapels--Utah--Salt Lake City--Photographs; Mormon church buildings--Utah--Salt Lake City--Photographs; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Buildings--Utah--Salt Lake City--Photographs
Description Address: 86-88 East 300 North, Salt Lake City. Previously the LDS 18th Ward chapel, it was built in 1883 and located at 107 A Street. When a new ward house was built, the old one was dismantled in 1973, but in 1976 it was reassembled on Capitol Hill. It includes artifacts from the original site, including interior woodwork, pulpit, and benches. The White Chapel has been used used for civic purposes including weddings and concerts. It has also hosted formal religious services, and was the first home for Metro Fellowship, an Assemblies of God affiliate founded in 1986.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Relation Details: http://ldspioneerarchitecture.blogspot.com/search/label/Salt%20Lake%2018th%20Ward ; Link to historical photo from its A Street, location: https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=965040
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6ng8xw3
Setname uum_slcrap
Date Created 2018-09-11
Date Modified 2021-05-06
ID 1368359
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6ng8xw3
Back to Search Results