Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Christian Church [2]

Request archival file or update item information
Title Saints Peter and Paul Orthodox Christian Church [2]
Alternative Title Congregation Montefiore synagogue
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2018-05-26
Spatial Coverage 40.761422, -111.882144
Subject Orthodox Eastern Church--Buildings--Salt Lake City--Photographs; Synagogues--Buildings--Salt Lake City--Photographs
Description Address: 355 So. 300 East. originally built as a synagogue for the Conservative Jewish community, Congregation Montefiore. Breaking off from the B'nai Israel synagogue after the majority chose to join the Reform movement in 1883, the Conservatives constructed the Moorish Revival style building in 1903. After the two congregations reunited as Congregation Kol Ami in 1972, they sold the building. It housed the Pentecostal Church of God (Polk 1981), then the Metro Fellowship (affiliated with Assemblies of God) from 1987 until 1994, when that group outgrew the space and moved to Murray. Then a newly organized Orthodox congregation (affiliated with the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America) purchased it.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
Relation History: https://heritage.utah.gov/apps/history/markers/detailed_results.php?markerid=2259 ; Link to historical photo held by the Marriott Library:; https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=965119
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6vm8kh8
Setname uum_slcrap
Date Created 2018-09-11
Date Modified 2019-04-29
ID 1368249
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6vm8kh8
Back to Search Results