Centenary United Methodist Church [3]

Request archival file or update item information
Title Centenary United Methodist Church [3]
Alternative Title Centenary Methodist Church [3]
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2018-06-07
Spatial Coverage 40.7325, -111.8773
Subject Methodist church buildings--Utah--Salt Lake City--Photographs
Description Address: 1740 So. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Established as a mission church in 1892 and first named Second Methodist Episcopal Church, and later the Waterloo M.E. Church. The first building was constructed "at the northeast corner of Fourth East and Galena, now Blaine Avenue." In 1920-21, they moved east one block and to the south side of Blaine where the current building was built. At that point, the church was renamed Centenary Methodist.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
Relation History from: http://umc-centenary.org/church-info.html ; ; Link to historical photo of first building, held by the Marriott Library: https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=965250
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6sz0md4
Setname uum_slcrap
Date Created 2018-09-11
Date Modified 2018-09-11
ID 1368025
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6sz0md4
Back to Search Results