Calvary Baptist Church [3]

Request archival file or update item information
Title Calvary Baptist Church [3]
Creator Rockwell, Kenneth W.
Date 2018-06-09
Spatial Coverage 40.745322, -111.889444
Subject Baptist church buildings--Utah--Salt Lake City--Photographs
Description Address: 1090 S State St, Salt Lake City. The church began in 1892 as an African American congregation. The first church building was at 472 East 200 South, and in 1911, they purchased the Eastside Baptist Church at 679 E. 300 South. By 1966, the growing congregation found a third home at 532 East 700 South, and they remained until growth again called for moving. The present facility was occupied in October 2001.
Type Image
Format image/jpeg
Language eng
Rights https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
Relation History: https://calvaryslc.com/about/our-history/ ; Link to historical photo held by the Marriott Library, of first building located at NW corner of 300 S and 700 East (Sanborn 1911, sh. 257): https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=943187
Metadata Cataloger Ken Rockwell
ARK ark:/87278/s6q56wv0
Setname uum_slcrap
Date Created 2018-09-11
Date Modified 2018-09-11
ID 1368018
Reference URL https://collections.lib.utah.edu/ark:/87278/s6q56wv0
Back to Search Results